SDI’s Deep Diver Course is a must for any diver wishing to explore a little more, go a little deeper, and learn the risks and benefits associated with deep diving. Many interesting sights lay just beyond open water diver training limits such as: beautiful wall dives, shipwrecks, and critters that don’t come into the shallows.The purpose of this course is to provide the necessary training to plan and execute dives that are beyond the depth range experienced during an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, specifically beyond 18 metres/60 feet and to a maximum depth of not greater than 40 metres/130 feet. By the end of the course your knowledge, awareness, and comfort level with deep diving activities will have increased.
Who this course is for:
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set
- Any certified open water scuba diver who would like to advance their dive training
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
How to plan and execute dives that are outside the range of depths that are experienced during an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, and more!
Topics from the SDI Deep Diver course include:
- History of dive tables and computers
- Equipment needed for deep diving
- Physics and physiology of deep diving
- Emergency procedures for deep diving and first aid
What’s in it for you?
You will receive the necessary training that will allow you to venture beyond 18 metres/60 feet and to a maximum depth of 40 metres/130 feet.
The SDI Boat Diver minimum requirements:
Students are required to successfully complete the following:
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Deep Diver Knowledge Quests with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
How do I take this course?
- Create your SDI/TDI website profile
- Complete the eLearning academic portion of the course
- Download and sign the Tec Dive Nomad Learning Agreement
- Download and complete the SDI Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk form
- Download and complete the SDI/TDI Medical Statement form
- Schedule your in-person class and training dives with your instructor
- Complete your in-person training
Standards and Procedures