This is an entry level scuba diving course in which students will learn how to safely and with a buddy conduct dives not requiring professional supervision.
Who this course is for:
- Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification
- Persons interested in underwater exploration
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent (10-14 for Junior Open Water Scuba Diver certification)
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Diver and Specialty courses
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests or equivalent online learning course
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
How do I take this course?
- Create your SDI/TDI website profile
- Complete the eLearning academic portion of the course
- Download and sign the Tec Dive Nomad Learning Agreement
- Download and complete the SDI Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk form
- Download and complete the SDI/TDI Medical Statement form
- Schedule your in-person class and training dives with your instructor
- Complete your in-person training
Standards and Procedures