Are you ready to progress on as a Gas Blender? The TDI Advanced Gas Blender Course picks up where you left off in the previous sequence in training, the TDI Nitrox Gas Blender course.After successful completion of the TDI Advanced Gas Blender course, you will be able to engage in the blending of oxygen and helium based gases. The objective of this course is to train candidates in the proper procedures needed for the preparation and blending of high quality nitrox and trimix gases for use in technical diving. The TDI Advanced Gas Blender course will take you through this process in an easy-to-understand format.
Who this course is for:
Whether you’re a dive shop employee wanting to learn the proper procedures for nitrox gas blending or a diver interested in the process of nitrox blending procedures, this course will give you an in-depth, behind the scenes perspective on how your cylinder goes from empty to full of nitrox.
- Minimum age 18
- Provide proof of certification as a TDI Nitrox Gas Blender or equivalent
What can you expect to learn?
The TDI Advanced Gas Blender Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more!
- The Responsibility of the Gas Blender
- Gases of diving
- Oxygen handling
- Oxygen hazards
- Causes and prevention of oxygen fire
- Oxygen system design
- Local regulations for gas blending and handling
- Gas production equipment
- Filtration systems
- Analog gauges
- Mixing techniques
- General considerations
- Continuous blending systems
- De-nitrogenated air systems
- Pre-mix system
- Partial pressure blending mathematics
- Oxygen analysis
- Oxygen analyzers
- Cylinder handling and sign out
What's in it for you?
- Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in the blending of nitrox gasses, without direct supervision of an instructor.
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Advanced Gas Blender course written examination with an 80% passing grade, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Candidates must successfully blend, and analyze, 5 nitrox cylinders and 3 trimix cylinders
- Demonstrate proficiency in blending, and analysis, of nitrox and trimix gases
How do I take this course?
- Create your SDI/TDI website profile
- Download and sign the Tec Dive Nomad Learning Agreement
- Download and complete the TDI Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk forms
- Download and complete the SDI/TDI Medical Statement form
- Complete the eLearning academic portion of the courses
- Schedule your in-person class and training dives with your instructor
- Complete your in-person training
Standards and Procedures