Have you ever wondered how your nitrox cylinders are filled? Do you like the “behind the scenes” look at what makes a dive happen? Take the TDI Nitrox Gas Blender Course to find out how your cylinders get filled with nitrox! The TDI Nitrox Gas Blender Course will take you through the blending of nitrox in an easy-to-understand format.This course provides the training required to competently blend nitrox gas. The objective of this course is to train candidates in the proper techniques, equipment requirements and hazards involved in blending nitrox gases for recreational scuba diving activities.
Who this course is for:
Whether you’re a dive shop employee wanting to learn the proper procedures for nitrox gas blending or a diver interested in the process of nitrox blending procedures, this course will give you an in-depth, behind the scenes perspective on how your cylinder goes from empty to full of nitrox.
What can you expect to learn?
The TDI Nitrox Gas Blender Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more!
- The responsibility of the Gas Blender
- Gases of diving
- Oxygen handling
- Oxygen hazards
- Causes and prevention of oxygen fire
- Oxygen system design
- Local regulations for gas blending and handling
- Gas production equipment
- Filtration systems
- Analog gauges
- Mixing techniques
- General considerations
- Continuous blending systems
- De-nitrogenated air systems
- Pre-mix system
- Partial pressure blending mathematics
- Oxygen analysis
- Oxygen analyzers
- Cylinder handling and sign out
What's in it for you?
- Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in the blending of nitrox gasses, without direct supervision of an instructor.
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Nitrox Gas Blender course written examination with an 80% passing grade, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Candidates must successfully blend and analyze 5 nitrox cylinders
- Demonstrate understanding of nitrox blending and oxygen analysis
How do I take this course?
- Create your SDI/TDI website profile
- Download and sign the Tec Dive Nomad Learning Agreement
- Download and complete the TDI Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk forms
- Download and complete the SDI/TDI Medical Statement form
- Complete the eLearning academic portion of the courses
- Schedule your in-person class and training dives with your instructor
- Complete your in-person training
Standards and Procedures